Monday, February 21, 2011

Messin' with Flash & HTML

Over the past few weeks I have been dabbling, however timidly, through the unfamiliar territory that is Flash and HTML.

While at times I wanted to voluntarily yank my hair out, in the end it wasn't too bad, and was a pretty good learning experience.

I took on the project for PSI to make a Flash Landing Page for our website. I had never previously worked in Adobe Flash CS5, though I was really curious as to see how it worked. After countless hours of trial and error, and reading numerous blogs and how-to sites, I managed to make a decent little Flash intro for the company website.

Then it was onto editing the HTML code to make it compatible with our site, along with added a new page. Enter DreamWeaver CS5. Again, with the hair yanking.

Seeing as how our website was natively basic HTML and CSS (see here for yourself www.printedspecialties.com), it wasn't too hard to figure out, and now I can kind of consider myself a semi-capable, yet enthusiastic Flash and DreamWeaver user.

All in all, it was a tremendously great learning experience. Now with this new-found knowledge I can easily update our website whenever there's the need too, without the whole department looking around dumbfounded as to how to do it.

Be well,

No comments:

Post a Comment